Monday, July 4, 2011

A Birthday Wish


It's not always that I believe in wishes coming true, nor do I often make wishes. At times I do, for the sake of a candle's role to be blown. But oftentimes I don't.

Yesterday was my 22nd birth anniversary (as I prefer to call it so). How many times in a year can one make a wish? Perhaps as many as one wants, and if making wishes is the only good thing one has known so far. As for me, it's "One year, one birthday, one wish, one chance"...and that chance was yesterday.

I could've wished for my thesis to be all done the next day, or to win an Apple iPad in the Modess Angels A Win-Win Promo (LOL!). Or for a dog! But then I thought, "This birthday wish must be a chance - far bigger than to be reserved for an iPad or a dog."

So I said...

Dear Wish,

You be...a successful operation. And may I let you know that I'm letting you take care of one of the best moms in the world and in history.

Important: Don't forget to come true.

Wishing,
Birthday Girl

And I wished not upon a candle, not upon a star, but upon a prayer. Just making sure! :)

To my mom: Your first operation was on the very day I was born by cesarean birth. Now, it's your second and it's scheduled almost on my 22nd birth anniversary, as you've realized. I'm not a threat, don't worry (LOL!). It's just that I'm youngest. And I "mean" a lot! (LOL!)

To ate and kuya: PEACE!!! (HAHAHA)

Photo: My mom, 22 years ago, after my birth :)


No comments:

Post a Comment