Monday, April 30, 2012

Cello: A New-found Love

One time during my break at work, I was researching about the cello for a reason I could barely recall. Perhaps, it was for...something. Right, I could barely recall.




I found this music video of Steven Sharp Nelson's cello concierto (an orchestral cover) on one of One Republic's hit pieces, Secrets. Then I just fell for the music, period. There started my addiction to the bass sound of the musical instrument. I suddenly missed music and those days when I was deadly in love with it; those days I now want to relive.

Then I switched to daydreaming - me in a white silk gown, playing the cello under the midnight moon. Isn't that...overly dramatic? Ugh. Or did I just describe Keri Russell in August Rush? More like that.

But that must be beautiful! Surely as beautiful as the music videos' introductory quote from Beethoven himself:

"Don't only practice art, but force your way to its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine."

And as dazed as I was, and for the love of the cello, I say:

"Loving is much like playing the cello. Only when you play it by heart that you get to hear the music it can make."


No comments:

Post a Comment