Monday, March 26, 2012

Someone Just Stole A Kiss!

It's when they are not expected [to happen] that things turn out sweet, maybe sweeter. People love surprises, that's it.

I'm not so into surprises. I may love the thought of being surprised but I don't always find surprises...surprising. Not that I'm mean or rude; not that I'm ungrateful. I just don't always have the right kind of nerve to take in surprises.

But there are exemptions, especially for those little ones I want to call "snap shots". I mean those things that actually happened in utmost three seconds, at which you suddenly wanted time to freeze.

Snap shots like this:

In the car, on the way to the bus station, a girl seated to my left leaned on my left arm. Looking too tired, I let her. And then she stuck her face behind my arm like she was smelling my armpit. I looked at her. She straightened up and looked away.

Me: Why are you smelling my armpit? Do I smell bad now?
Girl: No, you don't smell bad. You smell good.

When I wasn't looking at her anymore, she leaned again on me, shyly rested her right hand on my left arm, and smelled me once more.

Me: Are you okay?
Girl: Yeah.

Then she kissed my arm, bowed her head and looked away. She looked so shy, so I kissed her head.

Me: Thank you.
Girl: You're welcome.

Then, I turned to my boyfriend, seated to my right.

Me: Sweet little girl, I have here.

He smiled.

It's when they are not expected when things turn out sweet. It's when they happen quietly and spontaneously, without plans and preparations, that things become really surprising.


And it's when they happen without so much said - as if a child wanting to say or do something but to shy, too nervous to begin with her intention - that things become truly sweet surprises. Sweet snap shots, like my boyfriend's little sister's stolen kiss.


The sweet little girl who stole a kiss, with her big brother. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment